Biomass – Renewable Energy
There is a Biomass heating system at the estate yard that provides heat for several properties from wood grown on the estate.
Biomass is a renewable, low carbon fuel that is already widely available throughout the UK. It’s production and use also brings additional environmental and social benefits. Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can deliver a significant reduction in net carbon emissions when compared with fossil fuels.
• is a “carbon lean” fuel producing a fraction of the Carbon emissions of fossil fuels.
• Can be sourced locally, from within the UK, on an indefinite basis, contributing to security of supply.
• Can offer local business opportunities and support the rural economy.
• Provides an economic incentive to manage woodland which improves biodiversity.
• Generate lower levels of such atmospheric pollutants as sulphur dioxide, which contributes to ‘acid rain’.